What a Rush

Posted: May 28, 2015 in Fiction, Human Connections
Tags: , , ,

What a Rush

My eyes popped open and a chill went up my spine, but I wasn’t afraid. To the contrary, I was surprised, but pleasantly so; it was uncanny, as if my thoughts had been read. A euphoric sensation bubbled up from my toes to the top of my head and my mouth formed into a smile.

His arms tightened around me further as I buried my face against his chest and inhaled his scent, trying to commit the moment’s every last detail to memory. The moment felt so right as I took a breath to speak words never before uttered between us.

“I love you too,” I whispered.

To see what others have written for this week’s Six Sentence Stories, click here. It is my first time participating & the first week of its return for over a year, now with a new host over at Uncharted. This week’s prompt was “rush.”

Nearly all the fiction I write is at least loosely based on reality. This, however, is very closely based on reality. (I remember the first exchange of “I love you” with the handsome husband pretty well.) I’ve only shared two other pieces of fiction — they are a bit longer in length, though! Check them out here & here, if you’d like. . . &, as always, please share what’s on your mind in the comments below.

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Romi says:

I enjoyed reading your romantic story.

Liked by 1 person

2. oldegg says:

We don’t forget moments like those do we? Especially so when they are life changing.

Liked by 1 person

3. Oh, yeah, that’s definitely a rush! Nicely done. 😉

Liked by 1 person

4. Yes! I was smiling in anticipation too, waiting to see what was the cause of this delightful sensation. Reta Jayne you have a wonderful gift for writing that you’ve been holding back! This was great!

Liked by 1 person

5. Kristi says:

What a beautiful telling of your sweet memory!

Liked by 1 person

6. amycake76 says:

Oh, beautiful! Such a happy one!

Liked by 1 person

7. messymimi says:

Wow! An amazing description of a moment.

Liked by 1 person

8. That feeling – closeness in a moment like that is definitely a rush. You did a great job!

Liked by 1 person

9. lrconsiderer says:

Awwwwwh that’s lovely

Liked by 1 person

10. valj2750 says:

You can write, Miss Reta Jayne! Love is a rush and there is beautiful excitement in your six sentence story.

Liked by 1 person

11. ivywalker says:

AWESOME! This really built! I could feel myself smiling more as I moved closer to the end! Thanks for linking up! Great debut!

Liked by 1 person

What's on your mind? Don't be shy. Spill it.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s