I am going to keep this short & “sweet,” in the interest of just getting something posted since it has been weeks since I last participated in Ten Things of Thankful. . . Please forgive me for not putting forth more of an effort this week. . . Sometimes just gaining some momentum is a necessary thing. So, in no particular order. . .
- The handsome husband’s ability to always seem to know how to make me smile, regardless of how miserable I think I feel.
- Coffee to help my foggy brain. I have really been trying to NOT let it turn into a daily habit again, but I’ve nearly given up on that idea. . . . Plus, I haven’t been sleeping so well & it seems to be a good way to balance that out. . .
- Water to keep me hydrated. . . Because I feel like CRAP when I even START to get dehydrated. (Doesn’t everyone?) I guess, more specifically, I am grateful that we can squeeze a water delivery service into our already-tight budget. . . & that he handsome husband will go fill the jugs when we forget to put them outside to be replaced by full ones on delivery day!
- Dishwashers because there’s no way in Hell I am going to wash the mess of dishes in my kitchen by hand this weekend.
- Weekend electricity rate drops. Because they are my days to sit at home in my PJs, doing housework & homework, with plenty of computer & television time in between. It gives me a good excuse to take it slow, but still feel productive.
- I am grateful that my first semester at college is going well. I am officially past the half-way mark on the semester & — so far — I am maintaining A’s in all of my classes, with my lowest grade today standing at 95.5% (math). In all fairness, I just had a midterm in my history class & I am still waiting on the two essays to be graded, so we will see where I stand then! (If you’re curious about my intended major, read this, then feel free to ask questions in the comments.)
- I am grateful that I have a family Thanksgiving to look forward to! It will by no means be my WHOLE family, but it will be the first Thanksgiving quite like this in quite a long time. . . My two cousins, my “baby” second-cousin, & one of my uncles will be driving over from Southern California to spend Thanksgiving at my house this year! Then, we were able to buy my Little RJ’s plane ticket a couple of weeks ago for his Thanksgiving visit. . . And, my sister & her three boys will be over as well. Our three bedroom house is going to be FULL for a few days, but I am SO looking forward to it! I am starting to plan the menu a bit already. . . 😉
- I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to have a very small handful of friends that have turned into family. . . I have been so emotional lately — about various things — but one of the main things that has been on my mind is that one of my absolute best friends is celebrating a milestone birthday this year (next month, just four days after my own birthday) & I am unable to be there to celebrate with her. It breaks my heart. . . & hers too, I suspect. It is just part of life. Money doesn’t grow on trees & being responsible about the money you do have is quite painful sometimes — especially when it means you have to say no to something like this. It makes me sad. . . BUT, again, I am grateful that I get to experience having a friend such as her. . .
- I am grateful for a little place called the dollar store. LOL. The handsome husband came home the other morning & told me that, if the budget should allow, I should go get a pedicure. I asked him why & he said it was because he knew it was something that relaxed me & it had been a while since I’d gotten one. LOL. Oh dear. It was super sweet. Made me smile. BUT, it also made me wonder how big of a bitch I’ve really been lately, with my emotions feeling so out of whack! Anyway, I decided it wasn’t in the budget just yet, but I was able to pick up a few things at the dollar store to give it a go at home! SO, hopefully later on today or tomorrow, I will set everything else aside & treat my hands & feet. 😉
- Blogging. I know it’s made his list before. Sorry for the redundancy. BUT, it’s a good reminder after the recent month-long hiatus. I enjoy the people I get to “meet” through Calculated Chaos & the outlet for my constantly racing brain. For all of my stressing about what is appropriate to share here, what I need to share or keep to myself, how I see this in the future, what I want to do with this blog versus what I think I should do. . . Anyway, the point is that, regardless of all those things, I am grateful Calculated Chaos is here.
What are YOU grateful for? No matter how small, it really is therapeutic to remind yourself that there’s plenty to be thankful about. . . Please, share with me in the comments below or find me on Facebook. If you’re a blogger, whip up your own post & link up with Ten Things of Thankful over at Considerings every Saturday. If you’re not a blogger, that’s where you can go to find plenty of other blogs & thankfuls. 😉