I’ve written a lot about being depressed & needing to improve, but not a whole lot about the things that make me happy. SO, here is a quick, far-from-all-inclusive list, in no particular order. Some are astronomical; some are seemingly insignificant. All are smile-inducing.
1. An unexpected phone call or a message from a dear friend or family member that you haven’t seen in quite some time.
2. The feel & smell of freshly-cleaned sheets as you slide into bed after an exhausting day.
3. A sincere “I love you, mom” from your favorite little people — just because!
4. The feeling that comes after getting up early & working out — certainly not during! (But, maybe that’s just me?)
5. The smell & taste of that first cup of coffee first thing in the morning.
6. The feeling of your spouse’s arms wrapped around you — regardless of the timing.
7. Going to complete a dreaded task, to find out that someone has already completed it!
8. Savoring a fudgy, chewy delicious brownie — even more so if it is topped with Breyer’s Girl Scout Samoa ice cream. Mmm mmm.
9. Setting a goal, forming a plan, & putting it into action. (For example, going back to school after 15 years!)
10. Preparing a delicious meal, completely from scratch — especially when someone else acknowledges its deliciousness.
I am sure there are plenty more things I could’ve listed, but my intent was to keep this post short & sweet — for now. 😉
What would be on your quick list of smile-inducing occurrences? Leave a comment below, email me at email@example.com, or find me on Facebook at Calculated Chaos. 😉